Welcome to a near-perfect pair of glasses.
Transitions lenses are photochromic lenses that are clear until dangerous ultraviolet radiation (UV) is present. Once outdoors, the brighter the sun, the darker Transitions lenses become. They turn as dark as sunglasses by automatically reacting to the intensity of UV radiation.
Since Transitions lenses block 100% of the sun's eye-damaging rays and help to reduce pain, discomforting glare, they protect your eyes on cloudy days, sunny days, and everything in between. Transitions lenses are the most convenient way for you to protect your eyes from the light you can see and the light you can’t. All while helping to improve the quality of your vision and the long-term health and well-being of your eyes.
That means healthy sight for just about everyone, anywhere, anytime!
Innovative photochromic technology offers unparalleled lens performance in nearly every lens design and material available today; including shatter-resistant lenses, bifocals, trifocals, progressives, and standard and high index materials. All this, plus the benefits of 100% UVA and UVB protection, glare reduction, and everyday high performance, makes Transitions lenses the #1 recommended photochromic lens worldwide!
So no matter where you live or what you do—day in and day out—Transitions lenses are the ideal everyday prescription eyeglasses for children, adults, and patients with special eye care needs.
Healthy sight in every light
- Automatic UV protection and glare control that's convenient and effortless
- Virtually as clear as regular, hard-coated clear lenses indoors
- Even clearer with an anti-reflective coating
- As dark as most sunglasses outside in bright light
- Fast to activate
- Fast to fade back
- Block 100% of the sun's eye-damaging UV rays
- Reduce painful, discomforting glare
- Reduce eye fatigue
- Improve contrast
- Offer the right tint at the right time in changing light
Seek 100% UV protection, and consider a second pair.
Research shows that only 13% of people associate extended exposure to the sun with damage to their eyes—as compared to 70% who recognize the danger to their skin. Make sure you select photochromic lenses that block 100% of harmful UV rays for your eyes, an important factor when considering eye health and healthy sight as a vital part of a lens purchase. See if Transition Lenses are right for you.
Original Transitions Lenses
Original Transitions lenses are designed to meet the needs of the majority of those who appreciate the value of eyewear offering adaptive lens technology. With the widest variety of lens designs and materials to choose from, original Transitions lenses quickly adapt between indoor and outdoor conditions, offering a distinct advantage over ordinary clear lenses.
- Changes from clear indoors to dark outdoors
- Clear as an ordinary clear lens indoors and at night
- Blocks 100% of the sun's harmful UVA & UVB rays
- Available in Gray or Brown
- Compatible with leading frame brands and styles
If you spend more of your day outdoors than indoors or enjoy a lens with a slight tint indoors, then Transitions® XTRActive™ lenses may be right for you. Transitions XTRActive lenses are the darkest everyday photochromic lens--even in warm weather—and have a moderate tint behind the windshield.
- Lenses change from light tint indoors to very dark outdoors
- Designed for those who spend most of their day outdoors
- The darkest everyday Transitions lens available - even in warm weather
- Moderate tint behind the windshield
- Blocks 100% of the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays
- Available for most frames and with non-glare treatments.
Transition SOLFX Sunwear Products
Transitions SOLFX sun lenses are high-performance sunwear specifically designed for outdoor use. Traditional sunwear remains the same level of darkness regardless of the level of sunlight. This is why in certain situations some sunglasses can seem too dark, while other situations the same pair may not seem dark enough.
Transitions SOLFX sun lenses self-adjust, changing the level of darkness with the changing amount of sunlight so you can see better, look great and perform at your best.
- Sun lenses that adjust from dark to darker depending on the sun
- Offers a variety of colors and tint ranges by outdoor need
- Multiple unique product offerings designed for specific outdoor activities.
- Blocks 100% of sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays.
- Compatible with many frame brands and styles to create custom look
- Available in prescription and non-prescription.